Friday, October 31, 2008

Chocolate Sculpture Demo at FCI



I attended Chef Donald Wessell's Chocolate Sculpture Demo event at the French Culinary Institute on October 18th and it was fabulous. The chocolate inspired hors d'oeurves were out of this world! One of my favorites was the coconut curried shrimp. It was a great networking event and I had a front row seat to capture it all. I wish that I caught more pictures but my camera started to act up. I'm glad that I at least I was able to photograph the finished product.

The sculpture was completely made of chocolate and was decorated with rocks and coral (all chocolate of course) and colored with cocoa powder. Chef Wessell calls the sculpture "Two fish going back in the waves".

The taste testing E.Guittard chocolate was a big plus as well. I learned a lot about chocolate. I thought I was a chocolate fan before but after this weekend I found out that I was just an amateur. Really good event. Will do again!!!
- Tamika -

No comments: