Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cake Buzz: D.C. Cupcakes Premieres on TLC!


D.C. Cupcakes sounds like it's going to be a really neat show: Two sisters who risked everything to open a cupcake shop, and the risk pays off! What a great inspiration for any caker dreaming to open her shop and what a great sister story!

My favorite memory of a sister moment was when I was asked to make a cake for MTV Most Wanted back in the 1990's. Up to that point, no one in my family took my cake decorating seriously. My sister who was an MTV fanatic was shocked and excited. She helped me with the cake and went to the studio with me to meet the producer. We even were allowed behind the scenes to watch the episode where the cake was announced and were both given a VHS tape of the show. It was a very happy moment indeed. - Dina

No comments: