Saturday, December 6, 2008

Betty Boop Rice Krispie Treats Demo





Betty Boop is an animated cartoon character that appeared in the Talkartoon and Betty Boop series of films produced by Max Fleischer and released by Paramount Pictures. Her debut was August 9, 1930 with the cartoon Dizzy Dishes. With her sassy, sex appeal and obvious Brooklyn, New York accent, Betty Boop was a hit with theater goers in the mid-1930's and still is popular today.

NYC Cake Decorators' Lead Instructor Isabel Sanchez-Yanez, demonstrated how to create a Betty Boop doll/cake topper from rice krispie treats on Friday, December 5th at our Midtown rented space. Members were amazed at how maleable the treats are when properly prepared (Isabel graciously provided her favorite recipe). Isn't Betty Boop adorable?

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I wish I could have been there - I love the way she looks. My sister is a Betty Boop fan - so I might just give this a shot. GREAT JOB !!!!