Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rock-a-Bye Fondant Baby 'n Bear Figures

Baby 'n bear were created by Dina, Sugar Designs NYC

Ever since I learned that Ximena Sempertegui will be teaching how to create a fondant baby 'n bear at our June 7th Day of Sharing, I've been itching to try a mold set I purchased on a whim several months ago. I had some left over fondant from another project and after several attempts, I ended up with the sugarpaste baby pictured above. I used a liner art brush to highlight some of the facial details and cut the hat, shirt, and blankets and fitted directly on the doll. The cap texture was achieved with a nifty rolling pin I purchased from Diane Shavkin at her 3D Fondant Doll class last Sunday. The baby's cheeks were lightly dusted with pink petal dust and a round artist's brush. The teddy bear was made following Lorraine McKay's (Aine2) tutorial. It's still a bit rough but not too bad, huh? I can't wait to meet Ximena and learn her tips and hints of creating these sweet baby figurines.

Dina

No comments: