Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Garden of Cupcakes at Cupcake Cafe

West 18th Street is full of surprises. After stopping by Paper Presentation to get inspired by lovely colored and textured fine papers, I went across the street to Cupcake Cafe to get my sugar buzz.

Love, love, love the signature piped flowers on CupCake Cafe's small and large cupcakes, and "baby" cakes.

I purchased four oversized mocha cupcakes for myself first and my family second -- I need to conduct a taste test for blog, don't I?

I poured a hot cup of coffee and eagerly began my "research". I found Cupcake Cafe's cupcakes to be delectably dense and yummy chocolate. The mocha topping was surprisingly light and not very sweet. I thought, "ok, it's time to dust off my vintage Wilton Way of Cake Decorating Volume II, whip up some buttercream, and get to piping!" - Dina

1 comment:

LadybugLuggage said...

My favorite type of reasearch;)