Friday, April 16, 2010

Cake Buzz: Kitchen Arts & Letters, Inc.

Photo courtesy of Convival Blog

On the way home from a NYC Cake Decorators Meetup at the 92 Street Y, I came across Kitchen Arts & Letters, Inc., a little gem of a bookstore. I immediately swooned at rows and rows and rows of books all dedicated to the pursuit of good food and wine.

Kitchen Arts & Letters (1495 Lexington Avenue bet' 93rd an 94th Street), 212-876-5550, is the largest store in the United States that is devoted completely to books on food and wine. Some yummy books available at the store are Rose's Heavenly Cakes by Rose Levy Beranbaum; The Craft of Baking, by Karen DeMasco, and All Cakes Considered by Melissa Gray.

There were several fabulous historical books on desserts that caught my eye and it took all my strength not to whip out my wallet and make a purchase. I will be back though, with time enough to browse and plenty of room to carry home my spoils. - Dina

No comments: