Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cupcake Biz 101



If your dream is to open a cupcake shop in your area do your homework and crunch the numbers before you open shop. According to a recent article on MSN Business on Main,  7 Businesses NOT to Start,  the cupcake shop concept may be over saturated, and therefore difficult to make a profit.

However, there are many who still believe that you can never get enough of a good thing. Think out of the box and consider selling your treats on a truck or bike instead of a traditional brick and mortar shop.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Very informative link on *7 Businesses...* I'm wishing that someone in my immediate area would open a baking supply store!

Dina said...

It's difficult when you live in an area that doesn't have baking supplies. Even though I live in New York City and have several stores within easy commuting distance, I still purchase online every now and then. I don't know what it is---I guess I just like getting packaged delivered to my door :)